Your wedding day is a string of touching moments you will never forget. And giving wedding vows is, if not the brightest episode, the best one for sure. Do you need support in this challenging situation? Take our little help preparing and writing the main words at the ceremony — the wedding vow.
What Are the Basic Wedding Vows?
Don’t consider wedding vows a line from a song or a romantic sonnet. These are your feelings and expectations poured out on paper. Why on paper? On the day of the ceremony, a lot needs to be kept in mind, and it’s not a fact that you won’t forget your text, no matter how sincere it is.
- Per wedding experts, traditional wedding vows should be somewhere between one to two minutes. Two minutes is about 300 words for the average speaker.
- The groom would say his vows first. However, there are no rules for that wedding tradition.
- Try to avoid too many jokes, detailed stories, mentioning your exes, and personal jabs. Just don’t go there.
- It’s better if the vow exchange ceremony is accompanied by romantic music.
- And remember that it’s okay to get emotional, it means that your words are honest and from the heart.
Wedding Vows for Her
Close your eyes and see yourself dressed in a stunning gown, standing under the beautiful arch in the most picturesque corner of the park. The violin is playing quietly. The scent of roses is in the air. What to say so as not to spoil the general atmosphere?
Remember and consider these essential tips so that your bride’s vow will hook a man’s heart:
- Get inspired by the words of his favorite song or verse.
- Recall touching moments you’ve had, even funny ones.
- Tell more about your chosen one. Why did you decide to link your fate with this particular person? Why is he special? What qualities do you admire and respect?
I don’t promise to be perfect but to get better. After all, with you, it is not possible otherwise.
I love you. Three seconds to say. Three hours to explain. And a lifetime to prove.
Wedding Vows for Him
It’s a wedding promise, right? So, promise her eternal love, support each other in sorrow and joy, skydive together, move to another country, open a family restaurant, have three children, and go around the world on a yacht — there are no rules! Remember that you are a man, and real men always keep their word, and even more so, a promise given in public.
So, for your wedding vows traditional words to be successful, you may use the following phrases:
If I raise my eyes to the sky, I see thousands of stars, but when I meet your eyes, I see the most beautiful star.
I love you for your laughter and ability to be silent together because you are not afraid to talk about your feelings. And especially for the fact that these feelings got to me.
I fell in love with you as soon as I saw you. I will fall in love with you again every time I see you.
Do not be afraid to seem funny, open, or too sentimental. Just open up to each other, and everything will be perfect.