The gift of life is the most precious gift of them all. And, your mother, having brought you forth into the world, gave you that gift for free. On top of giving life, a mother is also a child’s first friend and the person they pick up the very first habits and words from. Even after growing up, mothers offer a shoulder to lean on when you need it.
We should appreciate mothers every day. But out of the year, we get one day, Mother’s Day, to really celebrate and show some extra love to our mothers.
That said, the best way to appreciate your mum on Mother’s Day is by giving her something thoughtful. And what better gift than a bouquet of flowers?
Flowers make for the best Mother’s Day gift for several reasons:
- They show that you care for them: flowers are a great way to show that you care about someone. They make for a simple yet thoughtful gift that will definitely make your mum feel special.
- They are a representation of life and fertility: flowers are a sign of fertility and the life force, exactly what you can describe motherhood to be. So, they make for a better gift than most expensive material things.
- They make things more beautiful and vibrant: flowers can light up a room. The vivid colors and fresh sweet smell of most flowers will definitely brighten your mum’s face on her special day.
- They are irresistible: more importantly, flowers are just captivating. There is no way you can go wrong with a well-thought-out bouquet.
So, now that you have settled on flowers as your upcoming Mother’s Day gift, how can you surprise your mum with the best flowers?
Consider Your Mum’s Personality When Picking Out Flowers
Flowers are pretty diverse, and you may get overwhelmed with all the choices you get flooded with once you start looking. So, to narrow your search, consider your mum’s personality and interests. For example, does she like vibrant scents or colors? Or is she more likely to love something subtle?
Also, if she loves to have flowers at home, consider her taste too when picking up the perfect bouquet. You don’t have to get her the same thing, but you can use the information to inform your decision.
Choose a Bouquet with a Variety of Flowers
Consider going for a diverse bouquet of Mother’s Day flowers for something unique and awe-inspiring. With such a bouquet, you will have a couple of complementary varieties of flowers arranged perfectly. Usually, these bouquets combine two or more flowers, depending on the variety, how large the bouquet is, and sometimes, even personal preference.
Some of the best choices for Mother’s Day bouquets include:
- Sunflowers: Sunflowers are known to promote happiness and cheer. They have a distinct yellow hue that never fails to bring a smile to the receiver. They are a great idea to brighten your mum’s day.
- Lilies: Lilies are some of the most diverse flowers out there. And beautiful too. From the Asiatic lilies, which come in beautiful candy pink, to the elegant white Easter lilies, you can find this popular flower in a variety of colors. Lilies go well alone or in combination with other flowers, gerberas, irises, and even roses.
- Roses: Who wouldn’t love being gifted a lovely bouquet of roses? Roses are a staple century-old gift meant to show love. Not only do they smell nice, but they pair well with a variety of flowers too.
- Irises: Loved for their distinct purple color, a bouquet of irises is the perfect way to make your mum feel like royalty. Irises also show admiration. However, you can also find the white, yellow, and blue varieties.
- Gerberas: Also known as the African daisy, the gerberas feature large colorful flowers that stay bright and fresh for days. And they come in different colors, including hot pink to orange, yellow, white, and even red.
Others include tulips, daisies, lilacs, carnations, and Australian natives like desert red banksias and blush pink proteas.
Pick the Perfect Delivery Time & Address
Planning the perfect surprise for Mother’s Day is also much about the time and location of delivery. Now, how you start your morning usually sets the tone for the entire day. So, a great time to surprise your mum would be having them delivered in the morning. An early morning bouquet delivered to her doorstep around the time she wakes up is definitely a great surprise and a fantastic way to make her day.
Alternatively, you could have them delivered to her workplace. Or, if you have a lunch or dinner date planned for later, have them delivered there.
Add a Card, Fruits, or Chocolates for That Special Touch
While flowers by themselves make for a wonderful Mother’s Day gift, especially if you choose a great bouquet, that doesn’t mean you can’t pair it with something else to make it extra memorable.
For instance, you could add a beautiful card with a custom message to really express how you feel about her. Additionally, you could add a bar of premium chocolates, a fruit hamper, or even a bottle of her favorite wine. Additions could also be something simple and thoughtful such as a vase to keep the flowers. There are dozens of ideas for this.
The best part is you can actually arrange this with the flower vendor. So, you don’t really have to do any heavy lifting.
Make Your Mum Feel Extra Special with Thoughtful Mother’s Day Flowers
Mother’s Day is around the corner. So, are you wondering what to gift your mum so she knows how much you appreciate her? Well, you can never go wrong with flowers. Pick the perfect bouquet online and get it delivered to her at your chosen time.
And if you want to make your Mother’s Day flowers gift even more special, you can add one of your mom’s favorite things, whether that is a bottle of wine or a box of chocolates.