A flea infestation is not identified until it spreads or causes a lot of discomfort for your pets. This is usually due to the small size of fleas. Flea control Melbourne service is often required by homeowners with cats and dogs.
Fleas can make things uncomfortable for both domestic and police dogs. These pests bite your pets and cause skin irritation in humans as well. Fleas can easily hide in the fur of your pets and go unnoticed for a long time.
Dog Fleas and Cat Fleas
Dog fleas prefer the diet of dog blood and live insidethe fur. They are brown and 1mm to 4mm in size. Dog fleas are also known for biting humans. Quick response and professional help are advised for dog fleas. Flea control Melbourne service is provided by every pest control company. If your pet already has fleas, get the expert advice of your vet as well.
Due to their thin yet long legs, cat fleas can jump from one cat to another. Like dog fleas, cat fleas hide in the fur and thrive on the diet of cat blood. Cats with fleas are always uncomfortable and have trouble sleeping. This causes your cat to become both dull and sad. Therefore, immediate response and treatment are alsorecommended for cat fleas.
Continued damage to wood with no visible cause is usually the sign of a borer infestation. Whether it’s furniture, window frames or timber flooring, borers can cause permanent damage to all things made from wood. Borers make buzzing and other sounds when they eat. This can help you learn about their presence.Borers are also known to cause mould and fungus on wood.
Unusual carpet holesareone of the common signs of a borer infestation. If not identified in time, borers can cause unrecoverable damage at any property. This will cost you a lot of money and time. You can prevent such incidents with a precautionary pest inspection service. During pest inspection in borer control Melbourne experts examine your property for any signs of borers and deal with them.
Flea And Borer Control Melbourne
Fleas and borers cause damages that are unavoidable and need immediate attention. Without professional pest control, these pests are not easy to remove or prevent. You should not delay pest treatment when it comes to fleas and borers. It’s the only way to avoid any further discomfort to pets and wood damage at your property. Here are some of the dangers you can avoid with professional borer control andflea control Melbourne:
- Some fleas bite humans and these bites can lead to skin infections, swollen lips, breathing problems, swollen mouth and hands.
- Even a minor borer infestation can cause unrecoverable damage to timber wood.
- Fleas cause discomfort and disease like tapeworms in pets.
- In many homes, borers are not identified until permanent damages are caused to furniture and other things made from wood.
- A flea infestation eventually leads to Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) in pets. FAD causes both discomfort and hair loss in pets.
- As most homes have wooden window frames, doors, and flooring, a borer infestation can spread quickly and cause a major loss of money.
- Fleas also cause Anaemia in many cats. This disease poses a serious danger to your cat’s life.
- Borers cause major damages to a tree within a few days and shorten its lifespan.
- Fleas can cause murine typhus in humans. The symptoms of this disease are body aches, fever, muscle pain, vomiting, cough, nausea, and loss of appetite.
- Borers cause structural weakness as they create small tunnels in timber, bamboo wood, trees, and wood furniture. Such weakness in furniture can lead to unfortunate accidents in your home.
How to Prevent a Flea Infestation?
- You should clean and restore your home regularly. Get a precautionary flea inspection service once a while.
- Keep your pet clean and healthy. Visit the vet at least once a month.
- After vacuum cleaning, burn the vacuum packet or dispose of it in a safe manner.
- Create a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water, and wash your pets with it. This mixture both removes and prevents fleas.
- Pest control experts recommend diatomaceous earth to remove or prevent all types of fleas.
- If you already have a flea infestation, get a professional flea control service as soon as possible. It’s the safe and most effective way to deal with fleas.
How to Deal with a Borer Infestation?
DIY borer control methods are not always reliable. You should get the advice of pest control experts before dealing with borers. Various pest control companies also provide a DIY borer control guide.
This guide will help you conduct a thorough borer removal at any property. In flea control Melbourneexpertsalso recommend pest treatment for borers. To conduct this treatment, these are the steps you need to follow:
- Examine borer-infested areas inside your property like furniture, window frames, flooring, and timber. This will help you understand the impact of borers at your property.
- Find and seal every tunnel created by borers. Get rid of wood with permanent damages and a full-grown borer infestation.
- Borers are good at hiding, so you have to use widely approved repellents to terminate them all.
- Use permethrin insecticide for effective removal of timber borers.
- Apply borer care liquid on your wood furniture, timber, and other things made from wood. This liquid both removes and prevents borers.
- Customise the borer treatment for the type of wood you have and the borer species that infest your property.
- You can also apply heat on the borer-infested areas. It’s one of the easiest ways to deal with borers.
- Conduct a quick post-treatment inspection to ensure thorough borer removal. If borers keep coming back after the treatment, get professional borer control Melbourne