If you are a gemstone enthusiast, owning a Tanzanite Stone is a must. This is a stone that you must not forget to add on your gemstone collection. Before you get too excited, and rush to a store to buy this beautiful and precious stone, reading this article is a good idea.
Things You Need To Know About Tanzanite Stone
So, what do you need to know about this kind of stone? Here are a few of them:
- The mineral name of this stone is Zoisite, and it is reddish brown in color at start and through heat, the blue to violet color will be achieved
- There is no synthetic tanzanite but there are limitations and simulants that are being sold in the market
- This is not the cheapest gemstone to purchase, yet, it is very beautiful and worth your every centavo
- These come in different shapes, sizes and settings, hence as a gem collector, you have tons of options to choose from
Proper Care For Tanzanite Stone
Once you own a piece of this beautiful gemstone, you have to make sure that it is being taken care of very well. And to help you make sure that this stone will last for a very long time, here are some of the things you have to keep in mind:
- Cleaning it can be done using a mild detergent, warm water and soft brush
- Wearing it daily is not recommended as it can be brittle
- It should be kept behind a protective setting or else, there is chance that it may be broken while wearing it
Buying It Online
The good news is, you can shop for this kind of gemstone, or any gemstone so to speak, online. But of course, when buying it online, you have to make sure that you are buying it from the right shop or else, you might end up paying for nothing or paying for an imitation.
To help you find the right shop to purchase this gemstone, here are some of the things to consider:
Reputation is one of the things you have to seriously consider when looking for a shop to buy this gemstone. Is the shop trusted? The more number of good reviews the shop has, the better. Also, it is best if you buy from a shop that is trusted by your family and friends.
You would not want to buy from any online shop until you validate their reputation especially that this kind of gemstone is expensive.
- Customer service availability
Choosing a shop that has a customer service available to answer your questions and inquiries is also recommended. A shop that has a functioning customer service is a proof that they are serious about their business.
Do not get satisfied when they claim they have a customer service number, you have to contact them and find out if the number is really working and will direct you to their company.
- Prices of their items
As previously discussed, this type of gemstone is expensive, hence if the shop is selling too cheap tanzanite, asking if they are really selling the real deal, is a must. Sure, some shops are selling their items cheaper than other shops, but the price should not be too far.
- Has a fair return and exchange policy
To make sure that you can enjoy peace of mind, shopping from an online shop that has a fair return and exchange policy in place is good to consider. You would not want to be left hanging in the event that you received an item different from what you ordered.