The Royals is an American soap opera that has ran for four glorious years. This show is loosely woven around the novel called ‘Falling for Hamlet’ by Michelle Ray. Created by Mark Schwahn, it had the stunning Elizabeth Hurley as the lead. Alongside her, you would also see William Moseley, Alexandra Park, and Tom Austen.
The Royals first made its appearance on March 15th, 2015 on E! To make things look more and more convincing, E! choose some stunning shooting locations. Some of these are Blenheim Palace, which was also used in ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.’ Other locations include Hampshire, Wilshire, and Hertfordshire.
The Royals Storyline:
The Royals’ is a modern-day British Royal Drama. Helena, the Queen, holds the responsibility of the entire British Royal bloodline. She intends to keep her cool and protect her family from all kinds of problems. Prince Robert is the oldest of his siblings and the rightful successor to the throne. Prince Liam and Princess Eleanor, siblings of Robert, have a carefree life knowing that everything is taken care of. They do not worry about the future of the country or the throne, knowing that Robert will handle things.
Shock propagates through the family when Robert is murdered out of the blue. King Simon is now distraught for the future. Liam needs to shape up and start taking some responsibilities. Eleanor needs to get her act together. What is going to happen next? What will Helena do to make things right?
The Royals Cast:
The Royals have an excellent cast. The choice of fine actors is what makes this show worth your time. Here is some information regarding the cast of The Royals:
- Vincent Regan as King Simon Henstridge- He is the King of England who dies at the end of season 1. Vincent Regan is a British actor who has appeared in many television shows and movies. Some of his most appreciated performances are in 300, Troy, Unleashed, and Clash of the Titans. He started his career with Unwanted Woman, and now he is worth approximately 145 million USD.
- Elizabeth Hurley as Queen Helena Henstridge- Elizabeth Hurley plays the queen and King Simon’s wife in The Royals. She is smart, thoughtful, and always thinks the best for her kingdom. Elizabeth Hurley is a dynamic woman who has made contributions in different streams. She has charmed her viewers with outstanding performances in movies like Mike Myers’, Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, and Bedazzled. Besides being an amazing actress, Elizabeth Hurley is a model and businesswoman. She started modeling for Estee Lauder at the age of 29. Her net worth is around 50 million USD.
- William Moseley as Prince Liam- He is the second son of King Simon and Queen Helena. He must bring together his act before he can reside on the throne. Peter Pevensie is a brilliant actor. He is best known for his role as Peter Pevensie in the Chronicles of Narnia. His net worth is around 8 million USD.
- Alexandra Park as Princess Eleanor- She plays the twin sister of Liam. Alexandra Park is of Australian origin. She played the part of Claudia Hammond in an Australian daily soap named ‘Home and Away.’ She made her debut in an Australian TV series called ‘The Elephant Princess,’ playing Veronica. Besides that, she has appeared in many TV series and movies.
- Jake Maskall as Prince Cyrus Henstridge- Jake Maskall plays the role of King Simon’s brother, the Duke of York. Post Simon’s death, he resides on the throne in season 2. Besides The Royals, he has worked in EastEnders and Murder City.
Rumors about The Royals 5:
Rumors have been floating around that The Royals are trying to stay afloat after its abrupt end. The Royals were originally telecasted on E!. But it ended too soon. After season 4 E! has announced that they would not renew The Royals for another season. The fans and actors were deeply disappointed by this decision. However, there have been rumors that other networks are trying to get The Royals. But so far, no concrete news. It is possible that they tried and failed, but we don’t know for sure.
The Royals 5 News:
It is sad news for The Royals fans since E! has decided not to renew it for another season. The Royals had a somewhat premature end with many explorable storylines and unanswered questions. The fans are not happy with this shocker, neither is Elizabeth Hurley. She revealed in an interview that she did not see this coming. She was hoping for another season, and so were the other cast members. The Royals had many ongoing problems, which lead to an uneasy end to this show.
Mark Schwahn was facing sexual assault charges because of which he was fired back in 2017. And this contributed towards the downfall of this show. So somewhere, the fans should have expected the sudden wrap up of The Royals.
The Royals Final Thought:
At this stage, it is pointless to keep hoping for another season. E! has made an official announcement suggesting that The Royals are done. However, it left behind many unanswered questions. At the end of season 4, Robert was the Kin fog England, Jasper and Eleanor were pre-engaged, Violet and Cyrus reunited, and Kathryn was pregnant. These plotlines could have been explored, but there is no probability of that happening.
If another network chooses to support The Royals, there may be a comeback, but that is a long shot. For now, the Royals are done, and there shall not be another season. If you are a Loyal ( fan of the Royal), then it is time to move on. The abrupt ending is something that nobody saw coming. And it has disappointed a lot of fans. They want answers! But there is no possible way the fans would be getting their desired answers. It’s gone! And it is time to move on!