Every girl dreams of thick, silky, and long locks, which will make her more feminine and attractive. And if natural hair can not please you with good volume and length, hair extensions are the solution.
Of course, beauty should not go against health: that is why it is so important to choose a method of fixing strands that will not lead to hair loss.
We recommend the best hand-tied hair extensions – one of the most popular extension methods that are safe for your health and give you the hair you have always dreamed of.
What You Need to Know About Hand-Tied Extensions?
Hand-tied wefts are a popular technique when strands are sewn into a thin braid, made around the head.
A tress is made for the extension taking into account all your features (hair type, density, thickness, length, color, structure, head size, and the required number of rows).
Since the tresses are completely handmade, they come out very neat, thin and blend perfectly into your hair.
The extension procedure is as follows:
- First, the hair tech prepares the tress. Once it is ready, you can make an appointment for the extensions. Please note that this beauty treatment takes approximately three hours.
- The hairstylist makes a thin braid around your head, then sews the tress into it. The hair tech’s task is to arrange the braid so it is covered by your natural strands. Thus, the extensions will be unnoticeable.
- As soon as it’s time for the reapplication procedure (usually it happens after 6-9 weeks), the hair stylist first takes off the tress, and then unbraids the hair. After that, the procedure is repeated: a new braid is made, and the tress is fixed into it.
If you have previously tried other extension techniques, for example, fusions or tape-ins, you probably know that each time during the reapplication procedure a small part of the hair that was in the bond or tape is cut off.
With hand-tied wefts, your hair will always have the same length as after the first extension procedure!
Do Hand-Tied Extensions Cause Hair Loss?
Sew-ins are considered one of the safest extension techniques: there are no hot tools or chemicals used that can negatively affect the health of your hair.
We can say it is the best hand-tied hair extensions you can choose!
However, in some situations, this beauty treatment may lead to hair loss:
- If the hair technician does not have enough experience and tightens the braid too much. In this case, it can cause a migraine and even weaken the hair roots.
- If the hair tech incorrectly locates the braid and makes it close to the hair roots. In this case, the braid can cause itching, and allergies, and lead to hair loss.
- Too much hair weight can also provoke hair fallout.
- Hair loss may start due to allergies to the material used for extensions. For example, Chinese or Indian hair is treated with aggressive chemicals. To exclude this risk, use a material that has undergone careful disinfection: Slavic (for thin), Russian (for denser), and European hair (for very thick hair).
- If you are taking hormones or undergoing some other specific treatment, be sure to warn your hair stylist, because these also can provoke hair loss.
How to Maintain Your Hand-Tied Extensions at Home?
To make the styling last as long as possible and be absolutely comfortable to wear, follow the next care recommendations:
- Regularly comb your hair: after waking up, during the day, and before bed.
Act as delicately as possible: take the curls with your hand in a low tail and comb from tips to roots.
Buy a special comb without ball tips that can pull out the extended strands.
- Wash your head with warm water. Too hot or cold water is a taboo for hair extensions.
Before washing the hair, you also need to comb it to remove the fallen hair. Try not to massage the head too much in the tress attachment area.
- Consult your hair tech and choose the right shampoo, conditioner, and mask. It is advisable to apply the conditioner after each wash, and the mask – once a week.
- After washing, dry your head with a hairdryer. Before drying, apply thermal protection to the strands. Avoid too high temperatures.
Do not dry the locks naturally and never go to bed with a wet head: the hair is more vulnerable when wet and can get tangled easily.
At night, it is advisable to make a loose braid.
- If you often make various styling using an iron or curling iron, avoid too high temperatures, and don’t use them in the tress fixation area.
Would you like to buy the best hand-tied hair extensions? Visit the I Love Slavic Hair online store. Here you will be helped to find the right extension material in the tresses taking into account all your wishes, so you can fully enjoy your luxurious and well-groomed locks!